Monday Night Mixed League
Season standings are not tracked for Monday nights due to it being a recreational league. If you wish to report your wins and losses you can send your results to firstname.lastname@example.org. These results will be stored on your individual team page, however, will not count towards any league standings.
- All games are 7 innings unless ending in a tie. 7 runs an inning or 3 outs per inning. Whichever occurs first.
- No Slingshot, only regular orthodox pitching with the backswing of the arm not to go above the shoulder when standing up. One foot must be planted, one step allowed.
- Umpires will be hired for playoffs.
- Infield fly rule in effect.
- No Steel Cleats. Rubber cleats only.
- a) Pitchers may only pitch a maximum of four innings per seven innings or make four appearances in a game. Extra innings are one per every two innings played.
b) If a pitcher hits 2 batters in the same game, he can no longer pitch for the remainder of the game.
- Team to include a minimum of 3 female players or 3 male players.
- If you bat, you play in the field sometime during the game, unless injured. No designated hitters allowed. If you play in the field, you bat.
- Runners cannot steal bases until the ball leaves the pitchers hand.
- A player must be hit home. There is no stealing home or going home on an overthrow unless it was at first initiated by a hit and the play has not ended.
- The last inning is open. 7 run limit all other innings. Games are 7 innings long.
- Each team is responsible for their own bases and home plate. Each team is required to have these as well as a safety bag.
- A ball that is hit into the long grass is considered a home run. If the ball is caught in the long grass it is still a home run. Any ball that is hit and rolls into the long grass is considered a ground rule double.
- a) All players can bat but a minimum of 3 male or 3 female players must be in the first 10 batters. Up to 9 men can bat in the first 12 batters but after that, it has to alternate female, then male and so on.
b) If a team is short a girl, they can play 9 fielders. Their 10th batter has to be an automatic out.
- If a male pitcher is pitching to a female batter the pitch must be slowed down upon request.
- A player can only play for ONE team in the playoffs. Players found team jumping will be asked to leave the tournament.
- There will be a 10 run mercy after 5 innings.
All diamonds & area are to be kept litter free to ensure future use.
Standard softball rules apply where not stated above.
Every player plays at their own risk.